Home // About // Travel // This City //

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blogtember #3: Pass on some useful advice...

Topic #3: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered

one - more or less - useful advice my father gave me often (more or less meant seriously) during my time in school and me as a not very good student was:

 "You do not need to know everything, you just need to know where you can find the information" 

Google be praised! But even though this sentence just sounds awesome and might be even true somehow, it is not really helpful thinking of it when you have to write an exam...
Of course you can cheat, but that's always a bit risky (don't want to say I never did it, though^^)

The other problem is that nowadays we just get too lazy, just a few days ago I saw on the tv people having a hard time calculating 23 x 6 in their brains... because we don't need that. I am the same... calculating? Got an app on my phone! No problem! In my brain? Never!!^^ 

But I would like to get started again to use my brain more, now that University is about to start again and my last year results weren't THAT good (even though I passed, which is enough for me^^) I think this could be very useful!

source - a simple way of mnemonics to remember correct spelling
One technique I read about recently was the 'mnemonics' (hope that's the right English word). So you learn vocabulary and other information by making up pictures and stories in your brain. I've heard of it before, but I thought it already takes a lot of time to even start thinking about the pictures and stories, but I think I am going to have a try....
I normally learn my vorcabulary connecting it to the same picture (for example with the website Busuu.com) and making some simple sentences out of it which you can use in daily life.

So what about you? Do you have a special technique which is working for you to keep information in your brain?? :)









If you want to take part, have a look here, I hope to get to know some new and interesting blogs and bloggers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com